GrimmSpeed V2 Gesi Catted Downpipe 2004-2007 STI/ 2002-2007 WRX
Just because an existing GrimmSpeed Product is one of the best performing, highest quality, fan-favorite parts in the industry, doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. The fully-redesigned GrimmSpeed Version 2 GESI-Catted EJ Downpipe is the perfect example. We took everything that made our original Downpipes so great and brought it to the next level!
The first thing you'll notice is that The GrimmSpeed Version 2 Downpipe is now a 2-piece design. This not only helps to keep the U.S. welding/manufacturing, packaging and shipping costs down to keep the end product within a reasonable price range, but it also allows for easier solo-installation of the pipe.
Another major design change are the cast stainless steel elbow coming off of the turbo and leading into the cat. This not only look phenomenal stamped with the GrimmSpeed logo, but also allows for optimized exhaust flow compared to other aftermarket offerings. We also include a 2nd oxygen sensor bung, giving you the option to run an additional sensor/gauge without having to drill and tap the unit. Included in the kit is a plug for those who aren't running a secondary sensor.
The inclusion of the GESI Catalytic Converter is one of the major changes for the V2 Downpipe. While retaining the high-flow characteristics of our former high-flow cat, the GESI is a much more robust unit in its ability to clean particulate matter that is part of the combustion process, while retaining all the benefits which are expected from a GrimmSpeed Product. It also gives us the flexibility to insert it in a much more desirable and better operating location, mimicking OEM placement.
In our extensive dyno and on-road testing, we found that the GESI Cat performs identically to the 300 cell-count race cats that we utilized on our V1 downpipes. On top of that, we conducted long-term testing over thousands of miles running this downpipe with no tuning and we experienced no check-engine lights in our test vehicles!
- GESI Catalytic Converter - Comes as standard in all V2 Downpipes
- 304 Stainless Steel Construction - Using the BEST materials in the industry
- Thick 1/2" Flanges - Added durability and longevity
- Cast Stainless Steel Turbo Elbow - Extremely strong with low restriction for optimized flow
- Divorced Turbo Elbow Design - Allows for SUPERIOR boost control over OE and aftermarket bellmouth
- 2-Piece Design - Makes for much easier solo installation
- 2nd O2 Bung - Allows for optional use of aftermarket sensors
- Gaskets and Hardware Included - Everything you need for an easy install (will require 3"-to-OEM Exhaust Adapter to run on factory catback)
- 2002-07 Subaru WRX/STI*
- 2004-07 Subaru Forester XT*
- 2005-09 Subaru Legacy GT/ Outback XT (5MT)*
- 2008-14 Subaru WRX/STI
- 2015 Subaru EJ25 STI
*Notes for WRX/FXT TD04 and LGT/OBXT VF40/46 Turbos - The wastegate divider tab may require modification in order to allow the internal wastegate to function properly