GrimmSpeed V2 Bypass Valve 2015-2021 WRX
GrimmSpeed V2 Bypass Valve 2015-2021 Subaru WRX
CHANGES MADE IN THE V2 BPV:
- Removed the inspection port which was primarily used for quality control, but it is not required with the new design.
- Redesigned the internal piston to eliminate the potential failure points we saw in our V1 design.
- Adjusted tension of the internal spring to better suit the operating environments we've seen after further testing and development.
- Updated the design of the main body for a better CnC milling finish.
- Exchanged the internal brass piston from V1 for a lighter weight hard aluminum piston, resulting in better valve response.
- CNC-Machined 6061 Aluminum
- Corrosion resistant anodized finish, available in both red and black
- Oversized 38mm anodized aluminum piston for superior flow
- Swivel air fitting to aid in install and for accommodating custom setups
- No tuning or adjustment required
In testing of stock bypass valves, we saw repeated internal leakage at boost levels as low as 8psi in the FA20 and 19psi in the EJ variant. As always the case with GrimmSpeed Products, we focus on form AND function, and these units are no exception. We aimed to create an extremely durable bypass valve that could hold double the pressure of the stock unit, while still being a stylish part that compliments the other GrimmSpeed Parts under your hood.
MATERIAL & DESIGN:
We designed the valve body and base for each fitment from billet 6061 aluminum alloy, then anodized them in black or red to match our other existing product offerings. Doing this provided corrosion resistance, and a brilliant appearance. This second iteration of our Bypass Valves come equipped with a massive 38mm diameter aluminum piston to quickly dump pressure, an important feature for to maintain leak-free operation and ensuring proper operation of a forced-induction platform. Our valves include Buna-N O-rings for resistance abrasion and any fluids that may find themselves into your intake system. A swivel fitting accommodates custom setups and allows for easy installation.
FIT & PERFORMANCE:
Best of all, there is no tuning required for any of our bypass valves! With the GrimmSpeed Bypass Valve installed, there is a noticeable change in sound and crispness through the intake, and the car builds boost much more quickly than with the leak-prone OEM version. The STI unit reuses the recirculating elbow from the factory BPV, ensuring precise alignment and a perfect fit, making for a total plug-and-play package
15-21 Subaru WRX